Written By Marco Carvajal
2023 Toyota Sequoia Capstone
This week I am test-driving the new 2023 Toyota Sequoia Capstone, when you look at this SUV it looks massive, tough, and strong, but is also very luxurious on the inside, you feel so comfortable and with so much interior space onboard the Sequoia.
This large SUV vehicle perfectly goes with the adventuring lifestyle, camping trips, hiking trips, and other outdoor activities that a lot of people like to enjoy, but requires cargo and interior space and also strong car power to be able to drive on any off-road.
The Sequoia is strong and large ready to be your best friend on any adventure with pricing starting at $76,865 MSRP for the 2023 Toyota Sequoia Capstone, or $59K for the base trim model.
I enjoy the outside view with Sequoia’s available panoramic moonroof which for me is a must. The large size of this moonroof provides natural light and a great view of a bright blue sky during the day or a moonlit dark sky when driving at night.
The large and powerful Sequoia brings comfort and luxury on the inside. The standard heated front seats and available heated and ventilated first- and second-row seats are important features for the winter and to be fresh in the summer.
One of the luxury details you can add to your Sequoia is the available semi-aniline leather-trimmed seats with contrast stitching also highlight the quality dedicated to every drive. I also suggest the optional power-folding feature for the third-row seats.
If you don’t extra row, the seat can easily fold down and slide forward or back for additional storage.
A cargo shelf system with a high-weight capacity can be great to organize all that you need to bring with you.
The Sequoia is one of the largest and also more powerful SUVs available from Toyota but is also fast, safe, and smart on the road.
If you need to tow a boat or drive up a hill, the technology of the i-FORCE MAX Twin Turbo V6 Hybrid engine elevates performance as you drive.
The maximum towing capacity of up to 9,520 lbs is very impressive.
The V6 hybrid engine is paired with an electric motor, this engine packs an amazing 437 horsepower and a remarkable 583 lb.-ft. of torque for excellent acceleration.
The special placement of this engine between the main engine and transmission efficiently transfers power for instant response.
A smart and smooth 10-speed automatic transmission provides an excellent shifting dynamic and speed control, while also improving fuel efficiency.
The Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) battery is supposed to have a very high life according to Toyota.
The i-FORCE MAX Twin Turbo V6 Hybrid engine, Sequoia has up to an EPA-estimated 22 miles per gallon combined rating without having to give up a great performance. While 22 is not an impressive fuel efficiency, it is better than one of many smaller cars and it will help you to keep your gas budget in place.
The advanced standard multi-link rear suspension delivers smooth ride comfort and towing stability, while the available Load-leveling Rear Height Control Air Suspension can help level the vehicle by lowering or raising the vehicle height according to the driving conditions.
The Adaptive Variable Suspension can do the job on any towing condition if you are taking a camping trailer or a boat out to the lake or towing any heavy device.
Trims And Pricing
Toyota offers the Sequoia model in up to 5 different trims! The 2023 Toyota Sequoia’s different trim levels are the Toyota Sequoia SR5, the Toyota Sequoia Limited, the Toyota Sequoia Platinum, the Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro, and the Toyota Sequoia Capstone.
2023 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Starting At $59,865
- 18-inch Alloy Wheels
- Toyota Safety Sense
- 8-inch Toyota Audio Multimedia Touchscreen With 8-Speaker Audio System
2023 Toyota Sequoia Limited Starting At $66,265
- 20-Inch Gray Painted And Machined Finish Alloy Wheels
- Sof-Tex Trimmed Seats 8-Way Power Adjustable Driver And Front Passenger Seats
- 24-Inch Toyota Audio Multimedia Touchscreen With 8-Speaker Audio System
2023 Toyota Sequoia Platinum Starting At $72,465
- 20 Inch Machined Finish Black Alloy Wheels
- Premium Led Headlights, Led Daytime Running Lights, And Sequential Turn Signal
- Power Tilt/Slide Panoramic Roof With Power Sunshade
2023 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro Starting At $77,565
- 18-Inch Trd Pro Matte Black Forges Aluminum Wheels With Trd Center Caps
- Trd Pro Off-Road Suspension With 2.5 Inch Reservoir Socks Nad Trd Pro Front Stabilizer Bar
- Black Toyota Heritage Grille With Integrated Led Light Bar And Amber Marker Lights
2023 Toyota Sequoia Capstone Starting At $76,865
- 22-Inch Dark Chrome And Machined Finish Alloy Wheels
- Semi-Aniline Leather-Trimmed Seats Premium Contrast Stitching
- Power-Extending Running Boards
2023 Toyota Sequoia Capstone Highlights
- 22-In. Dark Chrome And Machined-Finish Alloy Wheels
- V6 Hybrid
- 437 Horsepower
- 583 Lb.-Ft. of torque
- Seating Capacity 7
- Max Towing Capacity 9280 Lbs
- I-Force Max Twin-Turbo V6 Hybrid
- 10-Speed Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission With Intelligence (Ect-I)
- Rwd Or 4Wd
- Semi-Aniline Leather-Trimmed Seats With Premium Contrast Stitching; 10-Way Power-Adjustable Front Seats
- Power-Extending Running Boards
- 10-In. Color Head-Up Display (Hud) With Speedometer, Navigation, And Hybrid System Indicator
- Dark American Walnut Wood-Grain Interior Trim With Backlit “Capstone” On The Passenger Dashboard And Metal Speaker Grilles
- Instrument Panel And Door Ambient Lighting, Illuminated Driver And Passenger Footwells, And Front- And Rear-Door Led Pocket Lights
The 2023 Toyota Sequoia Capstone is an excellent car to drive and has many benefits such as a generous amount of space, large towing capacity, seating capacity of 7, RWD or 4WD available with luxury everywhere on the inside.
Toyota gives you many trim levels with pricing from $59K to $76K. Options like colors and many optional features you can add to the car to bring the Sequoia to give you all that you need.
The Toyota Sequoia Capstone is large tough and luxurious ready for any adventure, it can be your best friend when going outdoors.
The post The Toyota Sequoia Capstone is large tough and luxury ready for any adventure appeared first on AutomotorPro.com.