Written by Marco Carvajal
The 2019 Ford Edge ST is the first SUV created by Ford’s Performance Team, as a result this SUV can produce amazing sports performance with the power of 335 horses pulling at the same time and 380 lb.-ft. of torque.
Ford’s performance automobile family has a new member, the Edge ST.
The Performance lineup includes the 2019 F150 Raptor, Ford GT, Ford GT MK II, 2019 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST and the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT 350.
The Edge is super-powered by a 2.7 L V6 turbocharged EcoBoost engine with Sport mode, all wheel drive and an 8-Speed Automatic with SelectShift Capability
Ford has been engineering great performance vehicles. Ford performance started back in 1901 when Henry Ford and a small team of engineers developed a race car named “Sweepstakes”. This first Ford performance car featured innovations such as mechanical fuel injection and insulated spark plugs. Henry Ford used this car win the only race in which he ever competed.
The Edge ST is a great SUV with high performance, very fun, sporty and powerful. The Ford Edge is offered in five models, the SE, SEL, Titanium, the Sport and the ST. It is sporty vehicle equipped with a wider and darker grille, side skirts, larger exhaust outlets and 21-inch sport-looking wheels.
2019 Ford Edge ST AWD Highlights
- 5 Seats
- Engine: 2.7 L V6 EcoBoost, with Ford Performance Engine Cover, with Auto Start-Stop Technology
- Transmission: 8 Speed Automatic with SelectShift Capability
- Driving Sport Mode
- All Wheel Drive
- 335 Horse Power @ 5,550 RPM
- 380 FT. Torque LBS @ 3,250 RPM
- Fuel Economy: MPG 19 City / 26 Hwy
- 10-way power driver’s seat and front passenger seat
- 2019 Ford Edge ST AWD, Starting Purchase Price: $42,355
Lease at $400 per month
The Ford Edge St is great for people who previously owned a Mustang or some other Sport model and now need a sport family car.
The Edge ST is more expensive than the base model and has its own unique design features. It can cost more than $50,000 with options and packages.
The Edge is in the same range of sport vehicles such as the BMW X3, Mercedes-Benz GLC, Lexus RX, Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio and the Audi Q5.
More than 50% of Ford Edge buyers are women behind the wheel who can enjoy a family car with sporty emotions.
Intelligent All Wheel Drive
The Edge ST is powerful and uses all wheel drive, however the advance AWD technology includes a disconnect feature, allowing the rear driveline to be disconnected in order to allow the front wheels to propel the vehicle more efficiently on certain situations. The system, AWD disconnect, reduces drag and promotes car energy efficiently for better performance and speed.
Ford Co-Pilot 360 Technology
The 2019 Ford Edge offers a suite of smart driver-assist features designed to help you feel confident on the road.
The Edge ST has been designed with the look of a sports racing car, it is a unique performance SUV. The interior design is inspired by technology and performance. The exterior sporty and elegant lines are very appealing and get a lot of attention on the road.
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive Disconnect
- Independent front and rear suspension
- Post-Collision Braking
AdvanceTrac with RSC (Roll Stability Control) and Curve Control
Four-Wheel Vented Disc Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS)
Electric Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS)
- Traction control
- Torque Vectoring Control
- Auto Start-Stop Technology
- 2.7L V6 EcoBoost Engine
- Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission
- Performance Drive Dynamic
- Rotary Gear Shifter
- Active Grille Shutters
- Front Air Curtain
- Wheels & Tires, Standard 20” Bright-Machined Aluminum with High Gloss Black-Painted Pockets
- Hill Start Assist
SecuriCode Keyless Entry Keypad – You forgot your key? no problem.
A great feature on the Edge ST, is that you can lock and unlock the doors and trunk of your Ford Edge ST just with your fingers, using the digital keypad on the outside of the driver’s door. You don’t need to use a key. This is a practical feature not to take your key out of your pocket, or if you just need to get something in or out of the car.
The latest generation SecuriCode Keyless Entry Keypad uses a five buttons keypad located on the B-Pillar. This keypad can be used to unlock the vehicle with a five digit code. The car comes with a factory code that can be changed to your personal five code.
- Side-Impact Airbag
- Front and Second Row Safety Canopy Side-Curtain with Rollover Sensor
- Driver and Front Row Passenger Dual-Stage
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System
- Belt-Minder (front safety belt reminder)
- Child-safety rear door locks
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children) System
- Individual Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Rear View Camera
- Driver knee airbag
- Glove-box-door-integrated Knee Airbag
- Remote Keyless Entry System
- SecuriCode keyless entry keypad
- MyKey Illuminated Entry System with Courtesy Lamp Delay
- Standard Dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
- Cabin Particulate Air Filter
- Standard ambient Lighting
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with cruise, secondary audio and 5-way controls
- Front console with armrest, storage tray and two cupholders
- Overhead console with holder for sunglasses
- Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror
- Dual-illuminated vanity visor mirrors with sliding feature
- Driver and Front-Passenger Seat Back Map Pockets
- 8 Cupholders
- Cargo Management System
- Four 12-volt powerpoints
- Power windows with one-touch-up/down driver’s side window feature
- Power door locks with autolock feature
- Front and rear map lights
- Front and rear dome and cargo lamps Second Row Dome LED Lights
- Battery Saver
- Unique carpeted floor mats and Ford Performance Scuff Plates
- Four Grab Handles
- Cargo net
- Liftgate assist handle
- Easy Fuel Capless Fuel Filler
- Memory feature for exterior mirrors
- Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start
BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
Power tilt/telescoping steering column with memory
- Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor
- Locking Glove Compartment
- Outside Temperature Display
- Cruise control
- Perforated Leather Steering Wheel with City Silver Stitching and ST Logo
- Lane-Keeping System
Aluminum Brake and Accelerator Pedal Covers
- Two Driver-configurable 4.2-inch LCD Displays in Cluster
- Two Smart Charging USB ports
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Standard SYNC FordPass Connect with Wifi Hotspot
- B&O Premium Sound System by Bang & Olufsen
- SiriusXM Radio
- Optional Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch-to-Zoom
- Capability for SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link
- Gloss Black-Painted Mesh Grille with ST Logo
- Auto High-beam Headlamps
- Autolamp (automatic on/off headlamps) Wiper-activated
- LED Fog Lamps
- Reverse Sensing System
- Intermittent speed-sensitive front windshield wipers
- Rear window defroster with washer and dual speed wiper
- Heated power mirrors with memory, security approach lamps, and LED signal indicators
- Unique body-color front and rear lower fascia
- Dual Exhaust Tip – Polished Stainless Steel and Trapezoidal Fascia Integrated
- Solar-tinted front door and windshield glass
- Privacy glass on rear doors, quarter and liftgate windows
- Black beltline molding
- LED Configurable daytime running lamps (DRL)
- LED Tail Lamps with Amber Turn Signals
- LED signature Daytime Running lamps
- Optional LED Headlamps with LED Park Projector and LED Amber light Blade Turn Signal
The edge is definitely full of great features and options. Are you ready for Ford’s first Performance SUV?